Wednesday, September 05, 2007

castle appeal

the view from the road

the hallway outside my room
the sitting areathe fireplace

I was driving through the little downtown here this morning and while it was quaint it seemed to be lacking something. I couldn't put my finger on it, but it was kind of a funny place. I was expecting friendly locals and great food. I was disappointed. I bought an iced coffee for my coworker and the "large" was 12oz. that is not large. I found a bagel shop that offered fresh bagels and green mountain coffee down the street, but they had no iced coffee. I ventured into a few shops but there was little I was interested in. I think the grandeur of this resort gave me higher expectations for the rest of the little town. oh well. maybe I'll get a better view tomorrow.

No comments: