Sunday, October 19, 2008

searching

I have been sitting on my couch for about an hour and a half. To my credit I am also watching the Red Sox, not just watching trashy teen dramas and voraciously devouring the internet. Well, except that I have been consumed by the internet to the detriment of everything else. And yes, this includes actually paying attention to the game. Why? I have once again decided that I would like to go on a vacation. So herein commences “the great vacation search”. This is now a yearly event where I open many tabs in my web browser and compare all credible travel sites while looking at the balance in my bank account. Occasionally, I close the bank account tab and pretend I am fabulously wealthy, but I am far too pragmatic for that game to last very long. Right now I am wishing I had pushed the Husband harder about 3 weeks ago when I spotted an amazing cruise deal. Sadly, that deal is long gone and he is right, I should really focus my attention elsewhere. Which leads in to the next topic....

The couch I have been sitting on is now totally uncomfortable. According to my mother who sells furniture for a living, couches are only meant to last 5-6 years. I never would have believed her but I now realize that this one has hit the point of no return. The husband asked if I was going to commence a “great furniture search” on the internet tonight. I just might do that. Depends on how long this game goes. Somehow I am guessing this search will end the same way.

1 comment:

hows yr edge said...

Maybe we should visit The Mother at her store and see what deals can be found ...