Monday, February 26, 2007

treat



the best treats are usually simple things. saturday, in an attempt to be economical, the husband and I went into boston to pick up some tradeable kicks, and instead of going out for dinner we ate at home and stopped for ice cream at cabot's. this was a great idea. I can not tell you the last time I had an ice cream sundae, and I love this little place in Newton. Its a real diner/ice cream shoppe- think friendly's without the chain constraints. I've never had the "real food" so don't ask, but there are about 1,000,000 ice cream choices. There are also a plethora of vegan choices for the husband. we seated ourselves at the bar and had a good view of the ice cream creating. we watched as they made my frozen yogurt with peanut butter cup mix in and hot fudge and the husband's dish of chocolate with peanut butter sauce. the 16 year old waiter served us these two dishes of wonderful and all conversation stopped as we ate it ALL. conversation commenced when murph recognized someone he knew at the end of the bar. it didn't occur to me to photograph the dish dripping with fudge- only after the fact. but there is no better compliment to a chef than an empty dish, right?

No comments: