Monday, March 05, 2007

Hawk Hunting- #3

Just a quick post here to log in my two hawk sightings this weekend. One occured while driving home from the ever wonderful Home Depot- the 2nd occured while walking the dog yesterday afternoon. There is no picture as the camera was sort of "taking a rest" this weekend.
Also spotted was a parking lot filled -oh and I mean literally FILLED- with various water fowl. Ducks, geese, swans- the prettiest were the geese though. There were several that were light brown and white- and with thier orange beaks and feet they were looking quite chic as well. This lot filled with birds was near the historic Wayside Inn and in the same lot as Esler's American Bakery.
Anyway, onward and upward. I shall post more this week- as I bet I can conjure a few things to say than the past week.
Addition 3/6/07: So on my way home from work last night- I also spotted a deer mucnhing on some shrubbery in someone's front yard. Still not having the camera I could not turn around and take a picture. What was really amazing was that this is not a "deer hangout". Its a house on the corner of a busy rt near a very busy intersection. Poor deer. They have no place left to go.
I was bummed not to be able to take the picture though- as this was a funny little deer who was actually kind of chubby. Probably from eating the neighborhood shrubs, eh?

2 comments:

hows yr edge said...

And when she says, "taking a rest," she means, "the husband left it hiding upstairs accidentally." DOH! Those ducks were perfect blogging content.

Melissa said...

no harm- no fowl. ha ha!