Tuesday, September 23, 2008

loose dogs and odd children

Exhibit A:
A tiny min-pin nearly got creamed by a UPS truck. The girl who lives in the house with the 800 outdoor cats ran over, scooped her up and then proceeded to freak out about the dog being loose outside without a collar. While I admire the notion, there may be a little pot/kettle thing going on there. I mean how many cats can you have roaming the neighborhood?

Exhibit B:
Saturday morning we noticed a family outside walking along this side street calling a dog's name. About 3/4 of a mile away we found the loose in-tact male sniffing around someone's yard on a busy street. After a few minutes of trying I was able to nab Jack and a borrowed leash to walk him back home. I sort of cringed when I handed him back over to the kids who were watching him, but they were happy and he was home.

Exhibit C:
There is a girl who every time she sees Tuckertino yells "raincoat doggy!" Why? Because when she first met Tucker it was the winter, it was raining, and he was wearing his rain coat. She always fails to mention that on that night she was standing in the middle of the road in the pitch dark and pouring rain. She had a cast on her arm and was wearing one of those black plastic derby hats you get on St. Patty's Day. It was a weird scene for a 10 year old to be in. I always want to yell back "weird hat girl!" but I don't because I have self control (sometimes).

Exhibit D:
Girl who after petting our dogs, asking their names, and being assured that they did BARK but did not BITE said as we were walking away, "I wish you had a pink dog". Hmmm, I'll get right on that, a brown dog, a black dog and a pink dog!

No fault to these kids or the dog or even the roaming cats it's just been a little weird around the neighborhood the last few days.

1 comment:

hows yr edge said...

What about the shaggy professor and angry guy? Or Dora Naves' puppy? Our neighborhood is like a freakin dog pound. I love it.