Saturday, September 12, 2009

Today

Today is my birthday! I still approach my birthday with child-like enthusiasm, but each year I find it a little harder to pull it off. It helps to have a piece of cake, great friends and family and a wonderful husband to help celebrate.

Speaking of that wonderful husband... we have now been married to for FIVE years. Today is also our wedding anniversary. The past five years have been filled with a lot changes, a lot of fun and I am so thrilled to be able to say that I married my best friend - the love of my life - and all that stuff you think only happens to people in movies with happy endings.

And if that weren't cool enough, I feel like I have one more reason to celebrate. I've recently been asked to take on a new project at work. After talking about it for years, our leadership has finally decided to take the plunge and explore some social media avenues. A few weeks ago I was asked to put together a plan for a blog. After presenting my plan and some sample posts, I was given the Thumbs Up to start (and promptly commenced learning Wordpress and giving out twitter tutorials). It's been a little crazy for me trying to balance this new part of my job, but I can honestly say this is the most excited I have been about work in a while.

So that's what I'll be celebrating today over a few cups of espresso, a few surprises for my husband, and nice dinner in the North End.

No comments: